Mindfulness for Parents
I have two small boys to look after, and that in itself is a fulltime job, with no pay and no days off! I found myself completely exhausted at the end of the day, both physically and emotionally. Then, I discovered how mindfulness practice could help me learn to live with the stress and anxiety that family life brings. Of course, I am still rushed off my feet and stressed at times but now I can recognise this as it happens, and take positive action to reduce my stress levels.
So how do we respond, rather than react, when we ask our little treasure to put their coat on for the hundredth time of asking? How can we stop ourselves from overreacting when all around us feels chaotic? If you have ever felt overwhelmed with the enormous responsibility of raising a family whilst having a life of your own, this is the course for you.
£195 for 8 week course, 8 classes each class lasting 2 – 2.5 hrs
Concessions are available for students, low income and unemployed
- Formal mindfulness meditation
- Mindful movement
- Doing a routine task in a mindful way
- Triggers of stress and how to cope with them
- How to fit mindfulness practice into a busy schedule using bite size practices
- Ideas to become a more mindful family
Included in price:
- Free meditation CD and booklet with lots of links to great resources
- Private Facebook group to support each other throughout the duration of the course